I’m crying right now. But they’re happy tears.
I came home to a card from J in Canada, reminding me of just how loved I am. Then, as I was getting ready for bed, I see that G’s stuck a “Truths” poster on the ceiling above my bed:
- Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows
- God is always at work
- This breaking of you will be the making of you
- You don’t owe anyone shit
- The voices of condemnation, shame and rejection can come at you, but they don’t have to reside in you
- You can trust yourself again
- Sometimes we must feel the pain to heal the pain
- You are loved and accepted
- You will connect with a soul better matched with yours
- You a fine ass woman who deserves the best
My heart is so full. So full of love that I haven’t been able to find for myself in such a long time, full from the generosity of people who care for and love me.
Friend – what a small word to describe the void they fill. There needs to be something bigger, more grandiose, trumpets and party poppers, a procession!
I know now that I’ll be okay.
Because how can I not, when I have friends as great as these?